Monday 11 April 2011

Buildings





I took this picture as part of my Visual Literacy coursework. I considered just taking the picture using the natural colours, however, after taking a closer look i liked how the building stod tall and strong above the small Forster Square train station. I then remembered that stream trains used to run through that very train station. This then made me think of miners and coal miners, factory workers and so on. With this mind set i decided to use the serpia tone on my camera and then continue to change the hue and saturation as well as the colour contrast and balance until it gave me an 'old' and nostalgic feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Forster Square used to be an enormous station with great long platforms for the express trains for London or Scotland. There also used to be special luxury trains on Friday evenings for Bradford businessmen and mill-owners taking them to their seaside villas in Morecambe on the Lancashire coast.

    ReplyDelete